Achieving balance between reaching your goals, the greater environment and having a life is one of the greatest tricks we can pull off.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Biz...help a brother out?

BlueGreen, my third serious effort as a film maker is being released world wide on September 28th, by earthNOW!, an eco-oriented label imprint from Cinema Libre. I already gave that news up a few weeks ago here, but you can now pre-order the film at http://store.cinemalibrestore.com/bluegreen.html

It's a really, really exciting thing, and quite frankly, a little bit overwhelming. No one in this business ever wants to admit their naivete about how the biz end of it all works, but I am here to say, it can be confusing and sometimes unnerving.  Even though this is my third serious effort, it is the first time that I have had to deal with hurdles I never even considered, contracts, and my reputation as a film maker. There were a few mis-steps and a crazy learning curve.

Like this little one for instance. Netflix is a huge way for a film to get seen, reviewed and brought to others attention. But!  They won't pick up a film it seems, unless there is interest from the Netflix community.  What this means is, that to get Netflix to pick up BlueGreen, I need a little help from you all.  Put BlueGreen in your Netflix queue.  The more folks who want to see the film, the more chance there is that they will pick it up.  You can do it here:

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/BlueGreen/70125109?strackid=5f123914b6c...d0caf_0_srl&strkid=1980134918_0_0&lnkctr=srchrd-sr&trkid=222336+

You may ask yourself... do I even want to see this film?  Well check it out here:

http://www.bluegreenconnection.com

Amazing surf, beautiful locations and an illustration of how we are all connected to the big BlueGreen? Well, of course you want to see it.

So thanks in advance for putting BlueGreen in your Netflix queue, and helping me out while I am navigating some of these business hurdles.



No comments:

Post a Comment